The Give Freedom Fund is combating human trafficking and sexual violence against women and children utilizing three important pilars: Fund, Educate and Mobilize. This Fund aims to attack the issues on a global scale, with an unprecedented array of talent and experience.
The challenge we face
Modern day slavery destroys the lives of millions of women, children and men around the world – in the United States. At any given time an estimated 40 million people are enslaved in the world today. It can happen in any community and victims can be any age, race, gender, or nationality. Trafﬁckers might use violence, manipulation, or false promises of well-paying jobs or romantic relationships to lure victims into trafﬁcking situations. Human trafﬁcking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act.
Facts and Figures
- Human trafﬁcking is the world’s fastest growing criminal enterprise, with an estimated $150 billion in annual earnings for exploiters.
- 1 in 3 children is solicited for sex within 48 hours of running away or becoming homeless in the U.S., according to some runaway groups.
- The most common form of human trafﬁcking (79%) is sexual exploitation.
- The second most common form of human trafﬁcking is forced labor (18%), although this may be a misrepresentation because forced labor is less frequently detected and reported than trafﬁcking for sexual exploitation.
- Worldwide, almost 20% of all trafﬁcking victims are children.
- In the United States, California is among the leading states with the highest consistently reported number of human trafﬁcking rates in the United States, along with Texas, Florida and New York.
- During economic crises, the increase of unemployment rates (for example during the COVID-19 pandemic) trafﬁcking in persons is likely to increase. Job seekers are expected to take higher risks in hopes of improving their lives and the hopes for job opportunities
At Conscious Capital, we believe that if we empower community activists and grassroot organizations we can create a huge impact that will continue to ripple and help eradicate this devastating crisis. The focus really needs to be on the communities leading the ﬁght to end human trafﬁcking. The most impact will be implemented when grassroot organizations ﬁnd lasting solutions. Within the framework of funding, these small-to-medium sized organizations are in constant need for support. With that in mind, we wanted the fund to not only give monetary support but also support them in an advisory role. It is important for the donors to see the impact their donations make, so creating a visibility platform is an integral part of plans. On the ground support will create a clear overview of the progress.
Many organizations Conscious Giving is eager to support are at the foreground of educating their communities about Human Trafﬁcking and what ways they can help. Human Trafﬁcking is known as the “Hidden Crime” and the reason why it is so ever-growing is because it is so hidden. The more people that get educated, the more opportunities will grow for someone to detect and save a person vulnerable to being exploited. The Give Freedom Fund will support larger civil gatherings and unite thought leaders, survivors and donors to address healing, reparations and international partnerships for a more just world.
To mobilize a larger audience, The Give Freedom Fund focuses on media outreach in several forms:
- Docu-series of the supported organizations
- Online content creating fact-based videos to educate the public
- Narrative collaboratives both short and feature length videos to populate festivals and VOD platforms
- Press/Articles Form alliances with press outlets to create content to personalize this topic
- Investigative journalism collecting stories relevant to our cause
- Film events creating space for young people to show social justice work within media projects
For more information, please fill out the form below
Disclaimer: Conscious Giving, Inc. is a Pennsylvania public benefit corporation, headquartered in Philadelphia, with a registered office in New York City. Conscious Giving, Inc. is legally independent of Conscious Capital, Inc. and Conscious Capital AG, and does not operate outside the United States. As a tax-exempt “public charity” as defined by the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Sections 501(c)(3), Conscious Giving, Inc. is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions under IRC Section 170 and is qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under Section 2055, 2106 or 2522. Therefore, contributions to Conscious Giving, Inc. are largely tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services are provided by Conscious Giving, Inc. in exchange for contributions. Conscious Giving, Inc. only conducts charitable fundraising activities in the states where registration has been obtained and licensing is current. For additional disclaimers, please click here.