At Conscious Capital, we believe that if we empower community activists and grassroot organizations we can create a huge impact that will continue to ripple and help eradicate this devastating crisis. The focus really needs to be on the communities leading the ﬁght to end human trafﬁcking. The most impact will be implemented when grassroot organizations ﬁnd lasting solutions. Within the framework of funding, these small-to-medium sized organizations are in constant need for support. With that in mind, we wanted the fund to not only give monetary support but also support them in an advisory role. It is important for the donors to see the impact their donations make, so creating a visibility platform is an integral part of plans. On the ground support will create a clear overview of the progress.
Many organizations Conscious Giving is eager to support are at the foreground of educating their communities about Human Trafﬁcking and what ways they can help. Human Trafﬁcking is known as the “Hidden Crime” and the reason why it is so ever-growing is because it is so hidden. The more people that get educated, the more opportunities will grow for someone to detect and save a person vulnerable to being exploited. The Give Freedom Fund will support larger civil gatherings and unite thought leaders, survivors and donors to address healing, reparations and international partnerships for a more just world.
To mobilize a larger audience, The Give Freedom Fund focuses on media outreach in several forms:
- Docu-series of the supported organizations
- Online content creating fact-based videos to educate the public
- Narrative collaboratives both short and feature length videos to populate festivals and VOD platforms
- Press/Articles Form alliances with press outlets to create content to personalize this topic
- Investigative journalism collecting stories relevant to our cause
- Film events creating space for young people to show social justice work within media projects