Track Record: The Regenerative Rewilding Pilot
We implemented our Regenerative Rewilding protocol on previously
degraded Tallgrass Prairie pastureland.
- 2014 – 2018
- Tallgrass Prairie territory – Eastern Kansas
- Family farm
- Predominantly pastureland, some cropland
- 500+ acres total under management
- Mixed species herd: cattle, horses, donkeys, sheep
Proof of concept outcomes:
- Showed climate beneficial ecological outcomes as a result of Regenerative Rewilding approach
- Also showed promising returns vs. conventional agriculture
a) Operating Profit
b) Net Profit
c) Land Utilization
Rewilding sparked the virtuous circle of land rehabilitation, driven by the re-emergence of systemic biodiversity.
Thriving, diverse plant proliferation builds habitat, which re-starts a virtuous cycle of plant, pollinator, and wildlife biodiversity critical to our food system.